Wednesday, June 26, 2013

MyCraftTools.com -- A Great Tool for analyzing your etsy shop!

Hey Guys, I thought I would share a great tool I found for analyzing aspects of your Etsy shop to help market better! MyCraftTools.com

This site allows you to see important information that goes beyond the shop stats provided by Etsy. One of their most helpful aspects is that by putting your shop name into their engine, you can see how well you are optimizing your item tags. By selecting "Tag Check" they provide helpful information to determine if you are using all your tags you possibly can. By this screen shot, you can see that I am not doing that as well as I could be.

Several of my items only use 1-2 category tags. This is important to know because when you select categories for your item (the first step in listing an item) these become the first three tags found in search. That means if you don't use all 3 you are missing out on tags that will get more viewers in your shop! The site also checks to see if you are using duplicate category and item tags, as well as not using all 13 tags for your items.

The next helpful aspect is the "Section Report". This goes and looks at the tags and key words in your sections. 


This is great because it looks at your items and sees how many of your items in a section have the same tags. If you sell a lot of very similar items like I do, then it is a good idea to diversify your tags so that you market to as many different viewers as possible. As you can see about half my items have the top 5 or so tags, the rest of my top tags belong to a lower percentage of my items, which is great!

MyCraftTools also gives you the ability to search for a tag in your items. This can be good if you find that a tag is no longer optimal for your items or think of a better or more searched term.  

This happened to me when I created Search Ads through Etsy, and found that a very high amount of my views were coming from the tag "Lolita". I still want to market my items to people who search for Lolita hair accessories, but because the word Lolita is not searched for often or not many people tagging their items "Lolita" were using Search Ads, my items were showing up a disproportionately large amount of the time over better tags like "Hair accessories". To fix this, I simply limited the number of my items containing the "Lolita" tag. But I had to go through every single item and look for the tags. With MyCraftTools tag search I could have easily searched and found the items I needed to change. 

I hope you find MyCraftTools.com as helpful as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment