Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kent State Jewelry and Metals Co-op

As a recent graduate of Kent State, I know what a wonderful art program they have. I majored in Art history and minored in Crafts and had the wonderful fortune to be apart of the Jewelry and Metals Co-op. The Co-op is made up of undergrads, grad students, and alumni who make jewelry and sell their wares 3-4 times a year. We have a sale after thanksgiving, for valentines day, for the end of spring semester, and this year we had a booth at the Kent Art and Wine Festival, of which we won best in show.

But the Jewelry Co-op is not just a once a semester gathering, we work hard all year to promote our sales, devise new strategies, and work together to create wonderful unique, affordable handmade jewelry and accessories that is in high demand.

Over the next several weeks I will be spot lighting some of the great artists who I have worked with over the years and their art work! I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment